I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.
Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.
Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. What position within the LLC did your husband hold?
2. Is the LLC still in business?
3. Did the By-Laws of thee LLC allow the president to take money from the LLC for such purposes as a family vacation?
4. How was the 10K payment identified in the accounting books?
5. Were your husband and the President equal partners in the LLC?
6. What specifically do you mean when you wrote that the LLC was in significant arrears?
Thanks in advance,