Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Does section 545.058 apply to only rural roads and ghways?

Customer Question
Does section 545.058 apply to...
Does section 545.058 apply to only rural roads and highways? Is every improved shoulder on highways within cities "do not drive" shoulders?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I talked with a prosecutor from north Richland hills and I am wondering if he was interpreting the law correctly.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Not sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
6/16/2016
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 1 year ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

No. There's no such restriction as to where it applies. It applies to "improved shoulders", and in the absence of a limitation clause that would limit it only to rural roads and highways, it would still apply everywhere.

This is in contrast to other provisions in the code that specify where the restrictions or permissions apply. The lack of where it would apply means that there is no such restriction.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This app won't let me look at response. I keep getting a window that my credit card info is wrong. Have retyped several times but won't take it. If my credit card is charged multiple times you will be getting a complaint

Have you tried it on a regular browser (on a computer or a phone browser)?

So to be clear, you could not view my response at all?

Hello?

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I paid your charge of $36. Now I cannot get to the answer. If this continues I will contact my credit card company and have that charge reversed
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey. If nobody will answer I will call my credit card to reverse the charge
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a follow up question that I typed in on an email this site sent. Now they want to charge me again. Sorry but I am through using this app.

Apologies for the delay. I was out of town over the weekend and yesterday. To be clear, you were never able to view the answer?

I will paste the answer again. If you can't view it, please let me know.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. No. There's no such restriction as to where it applies. It applies to "improved shoulders", and in the absence of a limitation clause that would limit it only to rural roads and highways, it would still apply everywhere. This is in contrast to other provisions in the code that specify where the restrictions or permissions apply. The lack ofwhere it would apply means that there is no such restriction. Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney