How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been served a subpoena in regards to an accident I

Customer Question

I have been served a subpoena in regards ***** ***** accident I witnessed. However, I have called in as a witness in the traffic case (both counsels had their opportunity to hear my account - and I suppose they could have crossed examined me. Further more I wrote an affidavit for one of the lawyers in the case (the defendants Lawyer ). Finally I was asked to be on the phone during a Mediation Proceeding -- in which both the Plaintiff and defendants lawyers were present. They both ask questions. I believe there is more then enough information regarding my testimony in this case, and furthermore since my car was also damaged as a result of this accident I do not want to open myself up for future lawsuits -- Therefore I would like to object to further questioning / proceedings that may be required as part of this case including answering any more questions as part of any further depositions -- what are my options. I have read I may want to retain a lawyer in the event that the court does not quash the subpoena.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provideyou with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am not permitted to tell what todo in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal optionsthat might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advicecan only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer,if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its sounds like I will need to consult with a local lawyer in regards ***** ***** concerns.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

I can answer a legal question if you have one, however, I cannot go through all the options and legal rights that customer might have, since such specific legal advice can only be obtained from your local attorney.

So please let me know if you have a legal question that I can answer about the situation you have described in your post?

Related Legal Questions