How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12250
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My insurance company red a subrogation firm after I had a

Customer Question

My insurance company hired a subrogation firm after I had a bicycle accident with no one else involved. That firm is trying to contact me with some questions. I believe they are trying to establish fault on my part. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Ideally, you will retain an attorney to speak on your behalf. The attorney can then talk to the subrogation firm for you, and represent you if any claims are made against you. If you don't want to retain an attorney, then you could simply refuse to answer any questions. After all, there is no law that states that you must speak to them if you don't want to. That said, you should review your insurance policy to find out if there are any contractual requirements to cooperate in this situation. Again, retaining an attorney is ideal.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.