How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  15 years law practice experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I file a complaint against the City of goden

Customer Question

How can I file a complaint against the City of goden
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What type of complaint?

What are you wanting to complain about and who to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to file a suit against the city of Ogden for wasting tax payer dollar, discriminating against small businesses and discriminating against minority owned businesses.I need to know the process and what forms I need to complete in order to get this done.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to have to opt out of this one. What you are asking is much more complex than just "what forms" to use and it's impossible to explain "the process" in a forum like this on anything other than brief, general terms.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

No need to respond, someone else will pick up and responding only delays that.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

My name is*****'ve been a Utah attorney for about 15 years, and I can help you for informational purposes. Please understand that I cannot prepare your forms for you, as this forum is just not set up for me to provide that level of assistance to you. I have sued governmental entities a number of times. Your complaint will have to comply with the Utah Governmental Immunity Act, and that is not a small endeavor. This act can be found here. If you file the complaint with the court, and have not complied with the act, your documents will be quickly thrown out on a motion to dismiss. For example, you will have to comply with notice requirements that must be met before you even file anything with the courts. Another issue you will surely have is that of "standing", as the injury has to be particular to you rather than taxpayers in general. What you are describing would be a complicated case for even an experienced attorney to handle, and so I strongly urge you to retain an attorney and plan on paying a retainer if you are serious about this case.

I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, because alot of people want to do it themselves, but it would do you no good for me to give you information that was not true, just because it was what you wanted to hear. Best of luck to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are the forms I need to file?
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

After you file the City of Ogden with the requisite notice (which is not done through the court), then you initiate the lawsuit by filing a complaint with the court.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I have not heard anything else from you. I believe I have answered your question. Can you confirm this please?