How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 102584
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Well I was served with divorce papers and we dnt have a lot

Customer Question

Well I was served with divorce papers and we dnt have a lot of stuff together after 8 years, I just believe it can be reconsiled with counseling. However my wife refuses to speak to me
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not at this time
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Well, she basically accused me of having a relationship with her daughter 15, after a full police and cps investigation the case was closed with no evidence of the accusation. I even after all I've been through still believe we can work it out .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation.

1) The Court will normally order the parties to mediation at least once. However, by mediation, I mean mediation to for settlement of the divorce, not mediation as in marriage counseling. You can attempt to ask her to go to marriage counseling but it would be up to her. The Court will not force her to attend.

2) If a party wants a divorce, they will get it in Texas or in any other state. What you may wish to do now, to avoid default, is to file an ANSWER by the first Monday after 20 days. Let me know if you want a sample answer.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.