How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1617
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Legal Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need to issue shares to start-up Delaware Inc. company.

Customer Question

Need to issue shares to start-up Delaware Inc. company. Investors are from various US states and from outside the US. What documents and filing do we need? Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I will assist you with your question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. When may I expect a reply? I am heading out to day evening for an international trip and will be back on the 19th of June.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.

In about 15 minutes.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Delaware is a great state to start a corporation, the do not ask about, nor require US citizenship nor the shareholders residency. It can be formed from anywhere in the world.

That said, in Delaware, an LLC or Corporation is formed with the Delaware Division of Corporations.” If no shareholder is a resident, and you will not have a Delaware address, then the business will be considered a “foreign entity”.

The steps for filing are as follows. You must choose a name for the company. You should perform a name search on the Division of Corporation’s website to see if the name is available. Once you’ve found an available name, you can file.

Delaware requires that you have a registered agent with an address inside the state to receive all official mail and service of process on behalf of your Delaware Company. You must maintain a Delaware registered agent to keep the Delaware Company in good standing.

Next you must file the certificate of incorporation. The name of the formation document will depend on what type of entity you are forming. Certificates of Incorporation are for corporations. You must file these documents by mail or by fax. Delaware does not offer online filings.

You will not need to provide any other documentation, except the articles of organization which is liked at, and a cover memo, with the name and address of the person forming the corporation and signing the application.

I hope this helps with your question.