How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a restaning oder that says I can't have a gun and i

Customer Question

I have a restaning oder that says I can't have a gun and i got arested because I had a friend's gun I have no viloted the restaning oder for 2 years and have not tried or contacted her since I only viloted because I had a gun what could happen in court should I be freaking out I have a family that counts on me if anything happens I could lose it all
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What criminal charge have you been charged with?

Is this a state or federal charge?

What state are you in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I live in florida it was a misdemeanor they said I have a restaning oder that says I can't have a gun and i had a shot gun that was one of my friends and got arested my friends got his gun back and now I have court on the 29th or this mouth and want to know what could happen i payed a 500 dollor bond

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Can you please tell me the exact criminal charge that is pending against you or provide me with the statute number that you are charged with violating?

It should be on your paperwork received from jail / police / court.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The exact charge is

790.233Possession Of Weapon/poss Firearm Wi
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, this is a serious first degree misdemeanor which is punishable by up to 1 year in jail and a fine for up to $1000 upon conviction.

So given the seriousness of this charge and potential up to 1 year jail sentence, it is important to consult and retain an experienced local criminal defense attorney to represent you in your pending criminal case and this local attorney can fight for your rights and freedom in your criminal case.

You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:

When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.