Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I took someone to civil court for a claim of 3280 for a truck that I bought for 600 and 2680 for what out into

Customer Question
Hi I took someone to...
Hi I took someone to civil court for a claim of 3280 for a truck that I bought for 600 and 2680 for what out into it. I couldn't get the truck register because he did not give me all the papers correct the judged made his decision and it was that he only need it to pay 600 and I think is unfair because he sold me a truck that couldn't be register and it wasn't even his what can I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/13/2016
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me, did you file this in small claim court? And, what date was the judgment rendered?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah I filed for small claim court and the date was today 6/13/2016

Thank you.

If not happy with the decision, you have the right to appeal this judgment to District Court. See HERE for instructions on how to do so. The Court may override the original small claims court's decision if there was error in law or fact or if the small claims court abused its discretion. The matter must be begun within 14 days of the original judgment.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the paper we received said that he need it to pay court fees and 600 but it also said in addition is worth nothing the requiring return of the truck in this matter would result in the breaching party receiving a more valuable vehicle than the originally delivered a squarely inequitable result what does it mean?

Likely, no. The Court would only order fees/fines in judgment (more fees if it feels they are warranted than originally awarded in small claims), and not an order for a better vehicle.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dos you her the pictures i sent you?

Yes, but my answer stays the same:

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But do i have to return the vehicle?
NO, unless the judgment specifically states so.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how would the judged states it?

Just the damages seem to be ordered.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What does that mean?

That means that the Defendant has to pay you money, but that is it.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!
Ely, Counselor at Law