Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I live in a small town in Oregon which all the streets are

Customer Question

I live in a small town in Oregon which all the streets are no more than 25 miles an hour I was told I cannot drive my golf cart to get to the places I want to go I am disabled 100% with heart disease and I cannot walk far with out just banks I am a veteran and the heart disease was caused by agent orange
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under Oregon Statute 820.210, it is lawful to operate golf carts on roads within the laws proscribed by the local authorities. See: http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/820.210
So, if they are violating the state laws and not allowing you to use the golf cart, you would have to let them issue you a citation and then take the matter to court to get the court to rule that it is lawful for you to do so.