Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I need help with what codes to pout down on ej 160 as they held 8,000.00 $ which is not mine and its for child...

Customer Question
i need help with what...
i need help with what codes to pout down on ej 160 as they held 8,000.00 $ which is not mine and its for child support i lost custody to 1 year ago and never modify it to child support
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
6/12/2016
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Can you explain what codes you are talking about? I may not be able to answer this one because the website limits us as far as what we can tell people about what to put in their documents.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The property is claimed to be exempt under the following code and section
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is a list of codes
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the levy is on my bank account which i is not my money what should i put to support the facts

Okay, I thought you were still talking about #6.

They are asking the code there that supports your request for an exemption. CA uses the same exemptions for the state as they use for the bankruptcy court.

You can find those exemptions and the code numbers at these links:

http://www.bankruptcyaction.com/caexemptions.htm

http://saclaw.org/wp-content/uploads/lrg-exemptions-from-the-enforcement-of-judgments.pdf

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=ccp&group=00001-01000&file=703.010-703.150

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/ej155.pdf

I can't tell you which ones apply but if you go through those pages you can spot which ones apply to your situation and list them. If you're not sure whether it applies but you think it might then list it.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of something else.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney