How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41066
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am coo spidering filing disability brain aneurysm. I was

Customer Question

I am coo spidering filing disability for a brain aneurysm. I was diagnosed four years ago. I was told that it a tricky aneurysm. It is 3mm and bifurcated. I am having problems driving. I can no longer drive on freeways. I have to stick to back roads. I have episodes that like vertigo.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: The first time I met with the Doctor his bill was 86,000 with insurance. I can't afford to have it trated
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I have tried to get treatment for the vertigo like episodes. I have told it may be a seizure, or Potts or vertigo but no test completely explains it. They put me on anxiety melds thinking it is a panic attack. That did not help
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I still work because I have to but it is getting harder every day
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

You can file for SSI or SSDI here based on your disability.Social Security will tell you which one you qualify for .

Documents you may need to provide

We may ask you to provide documents to show that you are eligible, such as:

  • Birth certificate or other proof of birth;
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status if you were not born in the United States;
  • U.S. military discharge paper(s) if you had military service before 1968;
  • W-2 forms(s) and/or self-employment tax returns for last year;
  • An Adult Disability Report that collects more details about your illnesses, injuries or conditions, and your work history;
  • Medical evidence already in your possession. This includes medical records, doctors' reports, and recent test results; and
  • Award letters, pay stubs, settlement agreements or other proof of any temporary or permanent workers' compensation-type benefits you received [more info].

Apply here.

Also if you qualify for disability you may get medicaid for your medical needs here as well.

I am so sorry you are having to deal with all of this.I know it can be overwhelming.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.


For Social Security disability or SSI purposes, to be considered disabled, individuals must have an impairment, either medical, psychological, or psychiatric in nature, that keeps them from being able to do substantial gainful activity (SGA, discussed below). In addition, the disabled person's impairment must have prevented the individual from doing SGA for at least 12 months, or be expected to prevent the individual from doing SGA for at least 12 months.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

You are so welcome.God luck with the wedding and congrats.If you can positive rate it is much appreciated.