Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My husband and i are having a problem with pendot, and the

Customer Question
rumble strips placed on highway...
my husband and i are having a problem with pendot, and the rumble strips placed on highway - nuisance noise- and we feel we are being forced out of our home due to this loud disruptive sound that we continually hear. we feel we should have some kind of rights against this.. we have lived here 34 years..please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
6/10/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us on this issue, realizing you cannot sue anyone over this issue by law?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wanting to know if we have any rights as to this nuisance noise???
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, in this situation, I am afraid you do not have any recourse beyond what you have done. If they will not remove them and have told you so, that is the end of the matter I am afraid as this is something within the state's powers and under the state laws on immunity, they cannot be sued for this type of thing.
Tina, Lawyer