How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can someone help me to lower a fine of $ 6139.00 as a result

Customer Question

Can someone help me to lower a fine of $ 6139.00 as a result of an audit conducted by the Texas DPS on my trucking Company. The original penalty amount is $ 7660.00 as resulted as violations for not having my 2 drivers on the drug and alcohol program and because in some day they worked more than 12 hours. I requested a review because I can not afford that amount. They offered me a settlement of 6139.00. If I do not accept this settlement they will schedule an informal Hearing to contest the original amount of $ 7660.00. Please some tips. Ruben Melendez.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####