How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34025
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

You stay with a friend and pay half the rent months, when

Customer Question

You stay with a friend and pay half the rent for 5 months, when it's time to move the friend won't let u take ur stuff out of garage and says it is now hers because no interact was ever signed? What rights do I have to my stuff?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Assuming the police will not help because it is a civil matter, not criminal. You can file an action for replevin in the county court where the property is being kept. That is a petition where you ask a judge to restore possession to you of your property being held by someone else. The order to restore possession is under threat of being held in contempt. The court also has discretion to order money damages for the loss of use.

The clerk of the court will have the forms you need to fill out and file.