Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Question concerning property. shortly after my father passed

Customer Question
myabrother had an attorney draw...
Question concerning property. shortly after my father passed myabrother had an attorney draw up papers deeding her primary residence and business property to him solely. This was not discovered for years. Now she wants him to sign property back he will not. She has a excepting and reserving in the life estate giving her the right to power of sale and right to lease or mortgage....... Can she put property in to a trust? Or does she need to sell.... Or could she sell to her other children and have it imediately be transferred back to her so she can put in trust?
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Vermont
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Only right after she found out and told the lawyer she didn
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Did not remember signing hesuggested he sign it back or she press charges as he took all her assets in checking etc also
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
6/9/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, what you typed above is quite confusing, can you please clarify what happened, who is "he" and who is "she"? Please clarify your questions as well. How long has it been since this happened?
Tina, Lawyer