Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I live in West and I have a question regarding my rights to

Customer Question

I live in West Virginia and I have a question regarding my rights to getting a refund from a private pool. I was told that it states in the contract that it is non refundable but I haven't seen or signed one for 8 years. I paid $560 12 days ago, but have decided to ask for a refund because my kids have only gone once. When I paid my money, I wasn't asked to sign anything. I need to know if the contract I signed 8 years ago is still valid. Am I in the right to expect a refund?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure I understand the situation. You agreed to some contract 8 years ago but you gave them $560 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have been members for 8 years. The first time we joined (8 years ago) they had me sign a contract. Every year after I have just received a bill. I just recently paid (12 days ago) for this summer, but have decided to ask for a refund because my kids are too busy this summer and won't be able to go very much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?

Yes.

I see. You can certainly ask and the co tract should have some provision allowing for termination by written 30 day notice. You could probably get this year's amount back but not prior years.