How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34464
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I sue my bf as he has given me abortion medicine without

Customer Question

Can I sue my bf as he has given me abortion medicine without doctor concern
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was in September 2015 and now he is getting married
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont want him to get married I want to marry him
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Yes, he can be sued for battery. You can also have him arrested for attempting to poison you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

The statute of limitations in Iowa is 2 years. So you have until September 2017 to file.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how can I prove about he being biological father
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If he denies paternity then you will need to sue and the court can order DNA/paternity testing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But abortion was done in September 2015 its almost 6 months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still DNA test can be done
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello are you there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

I am still here. Had to take a call.

The paternity is not at issue for the poisoning.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

All you need to show is that he poisoned you. Whether or not he was the father is not relevant to the poisoning, other than to show motive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but medically how it can be proved...Also I dont want him to marry other girl after spoiling my life
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

I do not know how you would stop him from marrying, but your first step regarding the poisoning is to report it to the police. Let them handle the investigation. It will be difficult to prove after so much time has passed. Perhaps he will confess under questioning.