How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lady Lawyer Your Own Question
Lady Lawyer
Lady Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1
Experience:  J.D. Admitted to practice in New York State
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lady Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife was prescribed 90 mg then 110 mg of Prednisone of

Customer Question

My wife was prescribed 90 mg then 110 mg of Prednisone for swelling of optic nerves. Both retinas detached. Near death 4 times, currently patient at Mayo Clinic who have saved her life. However, the damage done looks to be permanent. Seems impossible to get help
JA: Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: Real estate?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have medical records from two hospitals, but not from eye clinic who perscribed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lady Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello: Please know the advice I can give you is general information for education purposed in accordance with the terms and conditions of this web site. From the information you have provided it appears that you and your wife may have a claim for medical malpractice against the clinic and staff that inappropriately treated your wife and caused her to have permanent eye damage. In these types of cases a medical malpractice attorney is the type of attorney you need. This attorney will review the records that you have and will usually hire an expert to review them as well. The time to file these types of law suits in many states is not long (around 1 to 2 years) so it is best if you contact a medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible. Many of these attorneys take these cases on a contingent fee basis vs. you paying for hourly legal fees. You should discuss this with the attorneys you interview. If you do not know of an attorney in your area you can contact your local bar association and ask for lawyer referral and specify a medical malpractice attorney. You can of course also go online to do this and you will see many advertisements as well as sites like AVCO and Martindale Hubble. I hope this has answered your question.