How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2130
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Help me please! My son's father is in the us illegally from

Customer Question

Help me please! My son's father is in the us illegally from guatemala.... He is married and has two adult children in guatemala. Our agreement was he would stay here until the baby was around 1-2 yrs old to help out and then he would return home to guatemala. Now he's decided to stay, has sued me for full custody, and tells me he's taking my son home with him. What can i do?!? I have all of 'his' info.... meaning the soc he's been using, pay stub, expired drivers license #... even he's address back in guatemala
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
If you do not want him here you can certainly notify USCIS. You are also entitled to child support that he has not paid over the years. You should file for it. This might put pressure on him to back off as part of a settlement.

Related Legal Questions