How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Doctor will not fill medicine because I was hospitalizied,

Customer Question

Doctor will not fill medicine because I was hospitalizied, am bedridden, can't get to her office she wanted me too come and see her when I was released but I was being transported by Ambulance transitt , could not walk, and needed to take 20 stairs to get into my apartment. . I AM A PRISONER IN MY OWN HOME.. PUT IN APARTMENT FOR LOWER LEVEL, ALL THE PAPERWORK IS DONE. .THERE ARE NO VACANCIES THE MANAGER SAID.. SO I AM THE NEXT ONE ON THE LIST.. THERE WAS ONE ON THE OTHER SIDE BUT. IT WAS ON THEIR OTHER PROPERTY..BUT IN THE MEANTIME I CAN'T WALK UP THE TWENTY STAIRS WITHOUT AMBULANCE HELP GETTING BACK INTO THE APARTMENT. . THE DOCTOR PUT TOPS ON MY PREDNISONE, WHICH HELPS ME BREATH, AND NOW ALL OF MY MEDICINE UNTIL I COME AND SEE HER..
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

First off, I am sorry you are having to go through this issue. Second, and to the point of your inquiry, the physician is likely trying to protect herself and you by performing blood work to make sure that you are still okay to receive the specific dosages that you are receiving of medication. It is a malpractice issue for her if you cannot come in to refill the prescriptions. Therefore, she is legally protected.

In the meantime, you should call and see if there are any services that your physician is aware of in the area that will come and perform the necessary blood work on you at your residence and get them to a lab so she can fill the prescription. If they are not aware of any services, then you still need to see if you can locate one on your own. There are services in some locales that will send a nurse to perform the work, take BP, etc.

If that is still not available, your only options are to either arrange a visit, somehow. (that seems to be impossible). The other option is to call an ambulance via 911 since this can be an emergency circumstance for you since you do not have the requisite medication to breath.

I wish there were more legal options here but there are not, I am afraid.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Please also rate my answer positively (THREE OR MORE STARS) on the ratings bar on your end so I can receive credit for my responses from the site.

Thank you and best wishes!

Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Just checking to see if you have any other questions or concerns. I want you to be as comfortable as possible as you move forward here. Thanks!