How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: PA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation.

Do you mean that you need a written appearance as described in PA Rule 1012:

(a) A party may enter a written appearance which shall state an address at which pleadings and other legal papers may be served in the manner provided by Rule 440(a)(1) and a telephone number. The appearance may also include a telephone facsimile number as provided in Rule 440(d). Such appearance shall not constitute a waiver of the right to raise any defense including questions of jurisdiction or venue. Written notice of entry of an appearance shall be given forthwith to all parties.

Official Note

Entry of a written appearance is not mandatory.

Or, you need something else? Please clarify. Thank you!

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in the state of PA. I signed a contract stating that I would not export a vh out of the United States. I did not but the person I sold the vh to did. I attempted several times to get the person to return the vh and they refused. I had no control over them exporting the vh. Also, the dealership forged my name on documents. I need to make a written appearance stating my objections or defense to the lawsuit,
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Did the other party file a suit against you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car dealership did.