How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an office manager small weld shop in Tiffin Iowa. We

Customer Question

Hi I am an office manager for a small weld shop in Tiffin Iowa. We did a job for a general contractor on a apartment building in August of 2015. The total was 11948.90 but now with monthly service charges it is up to 13261.42. We have gotten alot of empty promises to pay, but still nothing. We are a small local company and am very pleased to say in 28 years of business this is the 1st large bill that is giving us troubles. Iowa has a 5000.00 small claims limit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Linda
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Iowa
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet, was wondering what our options are
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: We talked that we should put a lien against the new building but it is rummered to have sold already
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Have you considered hiring a local business attorney to help you collect the amount owed by GC?