How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10052
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Legal Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a court order to public announce in the paper to come

Customer Question

Hello . I have a court order to public announce in the paper for someone to come to small claims court. But I do nto know how to wirte it
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And can you tell me what's been officially filed?
Customer: Maine. I have done the 3 steps of leaving a noctice at his door, mailing a notice, register mailing a notice and the sherriff has tried to serve. He has answered none of these and the sheriff could not find him. This is thenext step
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no as I could do what was asked except for this notice
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I know the town he lives in and he was my tenant. He moved and I do not know his new address.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately pursuant to Rule 4 (here)

small claims does not allow service by publication.,%20Instructions%20for%20Service%20by%20Alt%20Means,%20Rev.%2004_13.pdf

As such, one would need to hire a private investigator to locate the individual's address/place of employment so that he can be served.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

Checking in on the above.
Hope all works out well.

Thank you and take care!