Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I own a trailer with another person the site where the

Customer Question
trailer is is in my...
I own a trailer with another person the site where the trailer is is in my name and o pay the fees. The insurance on the trailer is in my name and I have paid site fees and insurance for 3 years. He has not been near the trailer for 2 years and says it's mine. Do I need him to sign off. My name is ***** ***** the ownership.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
6/6/2016
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Yes, you would have to get the co-owner to sign over his ownership interest in the trailer in order to claim that you own 100% of it. Otherwise, you'd only own 50% of the trailer, which would prevent you from selling it/transferring it.

Your partner could sign a simple bill of sale to effectuate the transfer of his interest in the trailer over to you.

Roger, Attorney