How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyCBradford Your Own Question
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 643
Experience:  Attorney At Law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
AttyCBradford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Florida and red an on-line firm to do SEO work in

Customer Question

I live in Florida and hired an on-line firm to do SEO work in California.
They charged my credit card and didn't provide the service.
I did a chargeback and now I am worried that they may press legal action against me and send the claim to a creditor for the balance on the contract.
What is the best way to prevent this from happening?
Do I file a lawsuit in small claims court in Florida?
Or what is the best process?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 1 year ago.

If you have already filed a chargeback with the merchant then the issue becomes between the merchant processing company and the company. If they do try and sue you for the money then you will have a defense that you can provide. There is nothing for them to sue you for because you have already been reimbursed.

Generally the merchant processing company will start demand letters to the individual for the chargeback and if not paid THEY will initiate a case agains the company.

Did I answer all of your questions? If so, then please accept the answer and provide positive feedback so I can assist another customer. Thank you and best of luck.

Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 1 year ago.

Did you need further assistance?