Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I use accounting company for my NY based corporation. We must filled Quarterly Combined Withholding, Wage Reporting...

Customer Question
Hello, I use accounting company...
Hello, I use accounting company for my NY based corporation.
We must filled Quarterly Combined Withholding, Wage Reporting, And Unemployment Insurance Return.
Our Accounting company failed to file this NYS-45 form for 3 times (for 3 last Quarters)
New York State Department of Taxation and Finance gave us $1,000.00
penalty. Is there anything I can do?
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: NY
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/3/2016
Lawyer: AttyHeather, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer

Hi, I'm Heather. I've been an attorney for 15 years and I'd like to assist you for informational purposes. Have you called the NY Dep't of Tax and asked them to waive the penalty? I have had success having the penalties waived numerous times with a simple phone call.

AttyHeather
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer