How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  15 years law practice experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I use accounting company NY based corporation. We must

Customer Question

Hello, I use accounting company for my NY based corporation.
We must filled Quarterly Combined Withholding, Wage Reporting, And Unemployment Insurance Return.
Our Accounting company failed to file this NYS-45 form for 3 times (for 3 last Quarters)
New York State Department of Taxation and Finance gave us $1,000.00
penalty. Is there anything I can do?
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: NY
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Heather. I've been an attorney for 15 years and I'd like to assist you for informational purposes. Have you called the NY Dep't of Tax and asked them to waive the penalty? I have had success having the penalties waived numerous times with a simple phone call.