Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I want to marry a Brazilian lady and live in brazil : no :

Customer Question

I want to marry a Brazilian lady and live in brazil
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: what do you need
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I am going to Brazil july 21
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, but what is your specific question for us about this situation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I need to do to marry a Brazilian lady
Thank you for your reply. Since you did not tell me much information, please use REPLY to ask any specific follow up questions you may have.
Initially before marriage, you would need to get your travel visa to go to Brazil through the consulate in the US for a tourist visa. Upon marriage, you would then apply for a permanent visa, which is the visa that would be based on your marriage and it would allow you to remain in Brazil. Here is the information on the permanent visa: http://cgwashington.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/permanent_visa_%28viper%29.xml