How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to file a restraining order against an ex-boyfriend

Customer Question

I want to file a restraining order against an ex-boyfriend that I work with.. recently he was supposed to go with me to a festival with a close friend of mine. We were drinking (he's 29, I'm 21, the girl is 18..) he ended up screaming and punching himself while hovering over me.. he's now spreading it around to work people that I robbed him, etc.. what do I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

You can file a petition for protection against "dating violence" (Florida has several different forms of protective order in FL): (this packet gives you forms and information to complete the petition with the county court).

If you find yourself under immediate threat of harm or injury, please call 9-1-1.