How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have received motion concerning a civil matter resulting

Customer Question

I have received motion for contempt concerning a civil matter resulting from a divorce decree.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need to file a motion for continuation
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I just need to find out for to file a motion for continuation because I need to buy more time to get legal rep.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice /legal service you should contact a local attorney.

What is your legal question for me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have motion of contempt filed against me. I need more time to find representation and the court date falls right in the middle of summer visitation with my children which I have little time with the start. I need the proper form to file a motion for continuation in Chatham County, GA.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, we are not permitted to draft any forms or pleadings for customers, so I will opt-out of your question at no charge to you.

Thank you.