Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Is there a legal limit as to the amount of narcotics in the body to determine Driving Under the Influence?

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
6/1/2016
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

No, it doesn't work like it does in a DWI with alcohol case, there is no presumptive number. It requires expert testimony but they try to get around it by using the officer to testify that you acted under the influence.

These are reasonably easy to beat if you were using prescribed drugs and hire a physician to testify it was within therapeutic limits and wouldn't be likely to influence anyone who had been taking the medication. The reason is that the blood levels don't work the same.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney