How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

February 1st I allowed my tools,client list with 21 years of

Customer Question

February 1st I allowed my tools,client list with 21 years of history,and my phone number to be forwarded to their auto repair business. They agreed to the sum of $180,000 with $25,000 down and $5,000 a month until paid with no interest. It was an oral agreement and I have yet to see anything.Their business has grown 3 to 4 times in volume since February 1st. In fact the member of the LLC is on vacation in Hawaii this week. They both have homes with a combined equity of between $700,000 and $1,000,000 so this is very collectible. At this point I want to demand payment in full. The reason I'm requesting a continecy is because I don't have the upfront money. In addition my shop did 1.5 million in revanue in 2015 and they worked for me in the shop.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Are you looking for someone from this site to represent you in this matter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to get this filed asap
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Blake replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a practicing attorney in New York City and a graduate of the ***** ***** University Law School in Washington, DC. I am very sorry to hear that you that you believe the auto repair business you contracted with is not honoring their part of the agreement.

The last expert you spoke to on this site was correct that we are not allowed to directly represent you. However, I can try to help you find a lawyer in your area who will take your case. Would that be helpful to you?

If so, please let me know where in California you are currently living, and where the auto repair business was located when you made the agreement with them. Also, it would be helpful to know where you both were located when you spoke about the agreement and decided to form a contract.