How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Several years ago we co-signed man who was then our

Customer Question

Several years ago we co-signed for a young man who was then our step-grandson for a college loan. He had signed it too but dropped out of college owing them money and us too. Never paid a dime. We are still paying on that loan and have his SS No and birthdate. What are our recourses to collect this 10k debt. He has moved and we do not have his address. Can we collect or file a claim to reclaim our money. How can we find his correct address or hire to find him. We think he lives in Cartersville , Ga but don't have a street address.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice /legal service you should contact a local attorney.

Are you willing an able to file a lawsuit on your own or able to hire a local attorney, if you are able to find this young man?