How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27754
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My stepfathers house keeper has been bilking my stepfather

Customer Question

My stepfathers house keeper has been bilking my stepfather out of thousands of dollars. He is 85, in extremely poor physical and mental health. What steps can be taken to retrieve that money?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

If she's been stealing the money he can report her to the police and the state can prosecute the housekeeper for theft. It is a criminal offense as well in California to exploit the elderly.

As part of any conviction by plea or verdict, she would be required to make restitution and repay the money she unjustly gained.