How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4189
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My deceased husband bought into a company named Integrated

Customer Question

My deceased husband bought into a company named Integrated Health Technologies Inc.A Nevada Corporation in 1997. This company was just starting in and he paid well over $10,000 for this as he was part of the start up. When I was inquiring into the value of this the company has changed names a number of times and is still selling the product which my husband and he were promoting just under a different name and company. This has become what I can see as a very profitable company. How do I find out whether the shares are worth something. The product is Snore guards and are sold all over the world.
This is what my share certificate says:
Integrated Health Technologies, Inc
A Nevada Corporation
Authorized 6,000000 Common Shares Par Value$0.001
This is to certify that (My Husband) is the registered holder of Seven Thousand Two Hundred Shares transferable only on the books of the corporationby the holder herof in person or by Attorney upon surrender of this certificate properly endorsed.
And then signature and seal.
On the back it says. The shares of stock represented by this certificate have not been registered under the securities act of 1933, as amended, and may not be sold or otherwise transfered unless a compliance with the registration provisions of such act has been made
or unless availability of an exemption from such registrationprovisions has been established. or unless sold pursuant to rule 144 under the Securities Act of 1933
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

It appears from the information that you are providing about this company that the company is a Privately Held Company and is NOT a publicly traded company. What this means is that you can not simply sell the shares on a stock exchange. You can only transfer the shares through the company itself.

You need to contact the company and see if they are willing to buy the shares back from you. Or you can hold the shares in the hopes that the company may some day go public.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your information. From what I understand they closed Integrated Health Technologies and are now operating under a different name. The product is the same though.As my husband was one of the initial owners but was deceased 13 years ago does that mean he was the only one that could sell his shares back to the company or can I his wife now try to sell them ? (I am the heir to his estate)I just came across the certificate recently.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your patience. I was unavailable. Also thank you for the excellent follow up question.

You can sell the shares back to the company (if they will take them) as your husband's heir. It bother's me that they changes the name because I do not know if they sold the company or not. So I can not be certain if there is value to your shares.

BUT you are the owner of them now and you can sell them back.

Good luck.

Kind regards,


(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)