Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My husband had a spinal fusion at Laser Spine Institute in

Customer Question
Tampa Florida, after the surgery...
My husband had a spinal fusion at Laser Spine Institute in Tampa Florida, after the surgery you go back to your hotel with a nurse to monitor you. He ended up septic and 3 strokes when we got to the hospital they told me that he was not going to make it. Do you think we have a negligence case?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
5/31/2016
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Wrongful death here in Florida is contingent fee case so you need to keep shopping.Just because one lawyer rejected it doesn't mean you quit trying.It is very possible there was malpractice and insufficient care involved.You may very well have a proveable case here, you want to keep trying.You want a lawyer to at least send demand letter, see if you are offered something and then sue if you have too.

I am so sorry for your loss of loved one and all that happened to you.Please pursue another lawyer.You sometimes have to shop these kinds of cases a bit to locate a lawyer to pursue all of those involved.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Lawyer Referral Service Online - Available 24/7

Phone(###) ###-####br />Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

I appreciate the chance to help you today and wish you the best here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My husband did not die, but they thought he was.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He did NOT die, they thought he wasn't going to make it. He suffered strokes and now suffers from memory problems and issues with mobility (no paralysis, just doesn't get around well). Due to these incidents he can no longer work. He has lost his insurance, leaving us with the full cost of care and medicine.
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

It would then be a medical malpractice case, you can still sue here.Keep shopping lawyers until you find one that will take this.PI lawyers can be choosy, one might tell you no but another will take it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We were led to believe that it couldn't be a malpractice case because of the lack in expert witnesses. We were under the impression that it would have to be negligence.
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

It is possible either one or both.The lawyer and expert should review it and pursue the one that fits the facts.

Here are the caps in Florida.

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/floridas-cap-for-medical-malpractice-damages.html

Sometimes they have alternate causes, malpractice and negligence to cover everything.I do hope you will shop this some.I can see that there was great suffering and harm.

I hope they will agree to take this.Please don't give up here keep trying.

Ray, Lawyer