How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  15 years law practice experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been going to a methadone clinic 5 years, part of

Customer Question

I have been going to a methadone clinic for over 5 years, part of treatment is monthly drug screens, meetings, and I have made it to the highest level that they offer which is two weeks pickup at one time. (Phase 5) in order to stay on phase*****is e take home doses they have diversion checks twice a year. On the day of diversion chech we have to give an observed urine, however I have a very difficult time urinating with anyone watching due to being molested as a child, which cause intimacy issues along with others, the first 3 years when I'd have to give an observed they would let me go in the rest room alone and my counselor would go to the monitor and watch me from there, but the last time that I had one they wouldn't allow that anymore but they offered a mouth swab which I had to pay for but was glad to do it. I have a diversion check today and when they notified me I asked for the price of the mouth swab and they told me but the nurse also said that the director said the I had to give urine which I am happy to do both as long as no one stands in the very small bathroom over me. If I can't do the observed urine is they any way that I can be protected, considering they have made these allowences for years without any problems or hesitations, from having my phase taken away. I have had consistent clean urines and swabs for over 4 years, I have completed all of my group sessions that I was required to do, and I have kept in touch with my counselor on regular basis every counselor I have had while in treatment actually calls me a model client because I do so well and have for so long. If I go in today and can't get clearence for a swab instead of observed is they any law or anything that I can argue from my side so that I don't lose my phase?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience and I'd like to assist you with your question this evening for informational purposes. What a difficult situation! It seems like the clinic would make the allowance for you. However, if they have a policy in place, then that is their policy as to what needs to be done in order for you to keep your phase. It isn't really something that is governed by law. But you can make your plea to them, and explain that you can do the test fine with the monitor. Perhaps, you could have one of your counselors write up a letter for you - - someone who knows about your past history regarding the molestation. I'm so sorry you are going through this!