How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9366
Experience:  attorney at self
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How are you? : Im okay just a bot confused : *bit : My

Customer Question

How are you?
JA: I'm good. And you?
Customer: Im okay just a bot confused
JA: Glad to hear it. How can we help?
Customer: *bit
JA: Huh?
Customer: My question; My wife and I are divorced. However, NEVER filed for a legal separation based on a mutual agreement. How can I determine our separation date?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NJ
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have been self representing.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: No thats my only issue at this time. I plan to write a letter to the judge, my ex and her attorney.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

The separation date is the date that one spouse left the marital household with the intention of not returning. The separation date is often stated in the complaint for divorce.

I hope this information is helpful.