Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

My wife and I applied received the TSA precheck but the last

Customer Question

My wife and I applied for and received the TSA precheck but the last flight we took our tickets did not have the pre check icon on them and we had to go through the regular screening procedure. How do we ensure that we are cleared for the pre check line on our next flights? We just applied in 2015
Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Melvin and welcome!

Even though you have enrolled in the TSA Precheck program, there is no guarantee that you will get it on every flight. The TSA does this to enhance security measures. They randomly choose who will and will not be selected to get TSA Precheck on their ticket/boarding passes.

I know this is frustrating, but that's just how they designed the system, to try to make the security measures the best they can be.

Please don't 'kill the messenger' because this is not the answer you wanted to hear. I'm only passing along the information that answers your question.

Whenever you make your reservations, make sure to give the airline your KTN (Known Traveler Number), so it can be added to your ticket/boarding pass and this might increase the chances of you getting TSA Precheck on that flight.

I hope you found this answer helpful and will please take a moment to select a positive rating from the stars at the top of your page, then click 'submit;' this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you. Thank you very much!

Even after rating, I will always be available if you need additional information; just click 'reply' and I will be glad to continue.

Warmest wishes,
Cher

Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Please see the following from TSA:

"TSA uses unpredictable security measures throughout the airport and no individual is guaranteed expedited screening."

From webpage:

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening

Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Melvin.

I'm just checking in with you to see how everything is going. I hope all is well!

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so, please let me know. If you need any additional information, please simply click 'Reply' and I will be glad to help you further.

I look forward to hearing back from you and/or receiving a positive rating, as that is the only way I am credited for my assistance.

Many thanks!
Cher