LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I receive a notice 58 days past due but it is so special,

Customer Question

good morning I receive a notice for a 58 days past due but it is so special, what does it means exactly
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: ok I have a loan for my car with a dealership, I'm late for my may rent payment and $200 tag fee
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: florida
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no just this
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Can you please share with me a little more about the situation? I understand you are close to two months past due but no really clear about the other language

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a car loan with a dealer and I didn't pay the tag fee for $ 200 due in March 31st and the regular payment in may for $480, and yesterday I receive 58 days past due notice, what does it means exactly ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It means I have 58 days to pay or I closed to 58 days past due and I am at risk for collection or repossession ?

Thank you. The money owed to the dealer, as part of the car loan, needs to be paid. If you did not pay what was owed, then the balance is past due and needs to be paid ASAP. It does NOT mean you have 58 days to pay and it DOES mean that if you do not pay it, that it will be sent to collections and the vehicle would be at risk for repossession. With that being said, you want to make payment immediately, to avoid any problems.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I offer yesterday to paid the half balance right now and the due balance at the end of june in order to continue to pay the rent june payment and the past due, but they refuse and want everything or nothing, according to the law are they able to make a repossession process and when ?

Yes, they can, if money is due and owed on the car. While you are certainly acting in good faith and trying to work this out with them, they do not have to accept anything less then what is owed and do not have to agree on a payment plan. They could repossess the car if payments are past due. Generally, your creditor has legal authority to seize your car as soon as you default on your loan. Once you are in default, your creditor may repossess your car at any time without prior notice and may come onto your property to do so.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!