Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I made a complaint to the management at my apartment that

Customer Question
the manager was sticking out...
I made a complaint to the management at my apartment that the manager was sticking out her tongue at me when I approached her for a maintenance request or for other things.
It appears that management told her and she avoids me now, but I am having a problem now, with the female kids in the apartment complex sticking out their tongues at me, and I feel that this behavior is toxic.
I am guessing that the parents are putting them up to this. One parent does not like me because I complained that the barbeque grill that she was using was too close to the building and too close the the trees to be used safely, so no fire developed.
I think that it is reprehensible to put your kids up to something like sticking out their tongues at me. It feels as though when I complain of something that I am treated as though it is sexual in nature and this is mean.
I cannot move right now, because I am on section 8 and need to stay where I am.
I can only close my door now and ignore the kids, girls, sticking out there tongues at me while turning their backs on the parents. Also, I don't want to reprimand kids that I know nothing about, other than the adults don't like me making complaints.
Recently the fire department was at the address of the woman with the barbeque grill, and she was throwing out the coals of the grill in a wide radius in the back of the building.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
5/29/2016
Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is*****'m sorry to hear about the rude people in your building. I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific legal questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not sure I guess. At one time the manager wanted me to tell her if there were men at the other people's apartments, I deferred that one to an attorney as well.. I never go inside anyone else's apartment and I don't know the relationship of everyone that goes into another apartment, as a starter, and I think that the manager has a weird idea of what a manager does. She seems to be more worried about the use of water from folks in the building that do not belong there then she is with fire
There are kids that come over that she does not seem to have a problem with Teen boys who watch a girl in one apartment or something.
I do not feel that I am being domineering or pushy about complaining about the barbeque grill problem.
When I do complain...how would you like it if the retort by the defense counsel was to stick out their tongue to your argument and then the folks watching the case did the same, and this is their response to your argument and it is OOKK
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the judge is watching your response to this childish behavior and the judge thinks you have a problem with changing the problem at hand to one of the fact that you should just not react and be an adult and love God and seek peace. when it has nothing at all to do with why you should accept sticking out your tongue is valid
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I feel that you would not put up with this behavior if you were in court. I do not think that a child should be able to replace the manager's behavior that you asked to stop. I think that it is a way of nullifying anything that I have a problem with.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not think that it is valid to allow your kids to fight a battle for you, and to allow kids to treat you in a disrespectful manner, when I have not done anything at all to get this reaction from them.
When you ask an adult to stop a behavior and instead they use their kids to treat you "special", this isn't right. Why make a complaint unless you are ready to take someone to court! What kind of standard is that?

Hi again.

Unfortunately, I can only answer questions that are asked, and right now I'm not certain what you are asking. Accordingly, I don't know how I can help you, and so I'll opt out of this question. But I will point out that you can't take legal action for rudeness from kids (or even adults).

In any event, I wish you the best.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is also quiet disconcerting is the use of some sort of fluff covering the walkway below, like fluff from a dryer, something that looks flammable and combustible. I have swept it up twice, I think now, from the two apartments below. It also, seems like its allergenic, to have someone empty their dryer fluff outside their apartment door.
All that needs to happen is for someone to light a cigarette.
I am sorry that you don't feel that my questions are valid. I am used to being treated as "this complaint just came from a female and she needs to understand that her boundaries need to be rethought out" It is quite tiresome, and boring, to have this same argument reappear in your life, to be replayed over and over again, that "females only complain to get attention, and so, they need to be resqued
Tina, Lawyer