How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went to small claims And the clerk said that i should see

Customer Question

I went to small claims And the clerk said that i should see if could get an Antony for a free consolation on how to submit the paper work.
Could you please help me my name is***** you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

While I do not know the details of your case, the clerk MAY have been trying to assist you by suggesting that your claim was more appropriate to be filed in general civil court where attorneys represent clients (cases have higher dollar amounts involved, the procedure is more complicated, and while not required, an attorney is highly recommended) as opposed to small claims court where litigants represent themselves (the procedure is simplified, and the dollar amounts are smaller).

If the clerk is suggesting that you seek out a law firm or attorney that is willing to offer you a free consultation, you are likely prosecuting a kind of case that at least some attorneys will prosecute on a "contingency basis" (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment).

You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).