How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9339
Experience:  attorney at self
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have no criminal record but was recently admitted

Customer Question

I have no criminal record but was recently admitted voluntarily for 3 days of detox for excessive drinking. Can i still own my handguns. Can i apply for a concealed carry permitt. I have no prior history of drug or alcohol abuse. Do not drink now or have any intention of ever drinking again. I am 63 years old and in good health
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your questions.

The answers are Yes to both. Federal law does not prevent you from owning firearms unless you were involuntarily committed to a mental facility, and the Utah law on getting a concealed carry permit is the same, see

I hope this information is helpful.