How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I rented a house to some individuals who are now sueing me

Customer Question

i rented a house to some individuals who are now sueing me for not getting back with there deposit and false deposit report i was under the asumption when we parted ways that they figured they wouldn't get anything they left the house a big mess and never claim or stated they were going to clean it up i never got a forwarding address or text with new address i assumed they just called it even with deposit 6 months latter i get a note from an attorney about deposit i immediately contacted lawyer told my story then the renter to get his address and sent a deposit report now 6months latter im summoned to small claims for twice the deposit
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.


I have read your comments, but I am not sure what your specific legal question is that I can help with tonight?