How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41011
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have been divorced years. I moved to Delaware jersey. My x-

Customer Question

Have been divorced for 8 years. I moved to Delaware for New jersey. My x- wife is stating she wants more than what was agreed settlement. My youngest is now 19. I have been given her more through our the years! Have been paying more than my 60%-40% that is in settlement. What are my rights and do I have to pay anything over the settlement?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

You are only legally required to pay what you agreed to in settlement.Anything above this was voluntary.She would have to motion the court and return to court.Until that happens you pay what you agreed to in settlement.Anything here in NJ you pay above that is strictly voluntary.If you need to return to the agreed amount in settlement.You are able to do that.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.