How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed a one year lease apartment in the state of only to

Customer Question

I signed a one year lease for an apartment in the state of Washington only to find out it has a roach insect infestation problem. I have paid the deposit of $500 but have not paid the first months rent nor have I moved in yet. Can I legally break the lease? I understand I may not get my deposit back?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

When are you scheduled to move in?

What is the landlord doing to make the remediate the infestation?