Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Where or how do you pay a fee to get through security at

Customer Question
airports?...
where or how do you pay a fee to get through security at airports?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
5/25/2016
Lawyer: Cerecita,
 replied 1 year ago
Cerecita

Hello, and thanks for your question.

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you, today.

If you wish to apply for TSA Precheck for domestic travel, only or GOES (Global Entry, which includes Precheck), for international and domestic travel, you can go to the following webpages for additional information on how to apply. You can start the application online and then go to an Enrollment Center, where you show your required documents to prove your identity and you pay the fee at that time. It is $85 for Precheck and $100 for GOES, so, it's usually more advantageous to select GOES, for the extra $15.

Here are the sites for the two programs:

https://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/apply

------

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/how-apply

-------

To find the Universal Enrollment Centers nearest you, please go to the following webpage and follow directions:

https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/locator?serviceCode=11115V

The phone number and hours for UES (Universal Enrollment Service) are:

855- 347- 8371

Hours: 8am - 10pm Eastern time, Mon. - Fri.

--------------

I hope you found this answer helpful and will please take a moment to select a positive rating from the stars at the top of your page, then click 'submit;' this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you. Thank you very much!

Even after rating, I will always be available if you need additional information; just click 'reply' and I will be glad to continue.

Warmest wishes,
Cher

Lawyer: Briarcliff767,
 replied 1 year ago
Briarcliff767
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you.The application process is here at this link where you will create your account. Just follow each step. If you need assistance with that please let me know.This link takes you directly to the application.https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/workflows?servicecode=11115V&service=pre-enroll
Lawyer: Cerecita,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello, again.

This is Cheryl, the first Expert who answered your question, completely and comprehensively.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience, but all the information contained in my answer, completely answered your question, regarding payment for a program to get through security faster, at airports.

Please be aware that even if you are eligible and register/are approved for any of these programs, there is no guarantee that you will receive it on every flight, due to enhanced security measures. If you provide your Trusted Traveler or Known Traveler (KTN) number for the program you have been approved for, to the airline or whomever you make your reservation with and include it in all your frequent flyer programs with all airlines, it will help get that number on your boarding pass, however, again, there is never a 'guarantee' that you will be chosen to get through security faster.

The information in my answer definitely answered your question, plus, I included some other information that is essential to know, so I hope you found my answer helpful and will provide a positive rating. Thank you!

I'm here many hours of the day and night, if you have any additional questions about this issue.

Warmest regards,

Cheryl

Lawyer: Briarcliff767,
 replied 1 year ago

HI, I wanted to follow up to see if you were able to go through the link I provided which takes you directly to the application as to where you will enter in your information for the TSA Precheck approval. If you were not able to please let me know and I can walk you through that process.

Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767