RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Today a teacher HIT my child in the face with a stack of

Customer Question

Today a teacher HIT my child in the face with a stack of papers for whispering to a classmate at the end of the class period. When all papers had been completed and turned in. And she had not told him to stop previously. Walked up to him and popped him in face with papers. Said " sit down" but he was already sitting. Then the bell rang. Before that, he had stood up because another teacher had walked in , students were talking to her, and it was getting sort of loud and very close to time to leave. So he stood up. The teacher told him to sit, so he did. The he was whispering go another student, others were whispering too, and she came up to him, popped him in face and said sit down. And then class ended.
I want to know what charge I can legitimately threaten this woman with!
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you.

It is possible that the prosecutor's office could charge her with simple battery. Simple battery is the criminal charge applied when it’s believed that you intentionally caused harm to someone or if you so much as touch them in a provoking or insulting manner.

In general, this offense is a misdemeanor with a maximum penalty of 1 year in jail and $1,000 in fines.

Did you need clarification or additional information about my answer? If so, please reply, I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as experts are not employees of this site and we are only paid if you leave a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you. Did you need clarification or additional information about my answer? If so, please reply, I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as experts are not employees of this site and we are only paid if you leave a positive rating. Thank you.