How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41013
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to respond to a state civil action?

Customer Question

How to respond to a state civil action?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. Here are answer forms and step by step to answer the collections suit. This puts everything in dispute. If these are private loans they may be dischargeable in bankruptcy.This is a long term option to see if you can include them.I certainly would talk to a local bankruptcy lawyer here locally to see if you want to do this to end the garnishment and debt and start over.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Georgia one earner income to file Chapter 7 $41,214 if you are a couple $51,954 This would put you under the limits and able to file Chapter 7 here as long term relief.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Lawyer referral I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best here.