Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What can I do legally when a former employer is blocking

Customer Question
jobs. How should I...
What can I do legally when a former employer is blocking jobs. How should I approach them in regards ***** ***** them or seeing why they are doing it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
5/25/2016
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good morning. The answer is complicated and depends on if you signed a contract with a non compete clause. If so, their right to block your future jobs would depend on the contract terms.
If there was no contract, then their influence in your job hunt could be unlawful. However, interfering with a former employee's career is a tort and would require hard evidence and a court filing. The easiest way to attempt a resolution is to ask the employer what they were asked and what that have told your future prospective employers. Sometimes, it's easier and less costly to talk prior to resorting to your legal options. I hope this helps.
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

if you have any other questions, just ask. If not please rate the question for credit and tracking. If you don't rate the question, I will not get credit.

KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer